Sunday 5 September 2010

a medieval tale

A Medieval Tale by Eva Day


"is HCV it a cosmic jolt, a wake –up call?" my friend asks, sounding very wise

I think I know what's coming next:– is this her moment to preach and patronise?

Perhaps this is your spiritual lesson and a signal that you need to re-evaluate your path

"no," I think – perhaps the universal powers that be are just having a good laugh



At this simplistic version of a biology more complex than a half-baked new age theory

But I couldn't really be even half-arsed to discuss it with her, I was feeling bloody weary

I would feel kind of hacked off at this sort of flimsy, junk philosophy – so trite

If I wasn't drifting off in my imagination, picturing myself as a valiant medieval knight

Donning armour, mounting steed and prepared to fight the dragon – my heroic quest

So I gave her a brief answer – which was "I am familiar with the concepts you suggest:

perhaps a modern take on "god has visited this on you" sermons from the middle ages?

When people ramble on like this to Heppers, it could trigger fits of horrid riba rages ...

If I find meaning in my journey, that comes from my own perceptions and insight

Is it a karmic kick up the proverbial fundamental seat of learning? Too black and white

It's a biological reality; any meaning is my own; which you could ask me to describe:

Yes, I discover, strength, and learning in the battle with the dragon virus adversary

But this is my life, my health, my challenge – not some story from a medieval nursery



And alongside the absolute determination to find courage we often feel the fear and pain

With the enemy that invaded our blood, our bodies:, fighting to reclaim our lives again

Good lives, like you, we'd already done some living and some learning –; don't conclude

That we were somehow deficient in wisdom and awareness: I find it arrogant and crude



But I didn't get too agitated because I think she doesn't understand – but meant well

So I told her; I do often have weird images in my brain, like Dante's Inferno: it is hell

But not demonic or angelic visitations ... they're chemically induced total brain fucks

if this is some kind of spiritual experience ( not just scrambled circuits) – then it sucks!



When folk tell you their pet theories; ask them to imagine how it is to be sick and tired

And listening to a load of utter bollocks: it really does not make you feel inspired!





by eva day in a spirit of irony and (mostly) good humour! to distract you whenever they start telling you where it's at - instead of finding a way to ask and to listen. or when nothing makes any god-damned sense any way ..... good journeying to you. love eva xx

Comment ·LikeUnlike · Share

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I love it! And I'm very open to energy healing and such but there is that elementin some people that feels like it blames the victim. Sure I can be cool with the fact that this lifetime is a small part of a much bigger picture with lessons to be learned-sometimes through suffering, but don't expect to catch me in the midst a state of enlightened serenity when my head is pounding and I just threw up breakfast!
    I'll be happy to get the punchline of the big cosmic joke someday but for now, I'm working on keeping my dinner down!
    Peace to you, be well
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. minervacentrebath@hotmail.com3 November 2010 at 01:40

    Brilliant! Elizabeth G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers..

    ReplyDelete