Monday 23 August 2010

an ode to my remote control ......

Most excellent gadget and pal

For a sofa –bound, on treatment gal

Watching the telly numbs out my brain

So I trance out with re-runs of Frasier, again

I've dumbed down and daytime tv is a boon

I'm catching up with Jonathon Ross, very soon



Oprah and Ellen and guests having a chat

2 phat ladies, phat phat farm, phat bikers, celebrity phat

House renovations that ended in hell

And the heat's on in the kitchen with top chefs who yell.

Desperate housewives, loose women, and sex in the city

And Stephen on QI being terribly witty

Oh and jo brand is funny and phat



(yup, big it up -- we're back to that)

I'm flicking the channels,

Finding game shows and panels

Of celebrity judges who give a chance

To talented street kids and dogs who can dance

And

You may think I've lost the plot

And wonder why I do not

Get up off the sofa

-I've become such a loafer

Get out, get a life, turn off the set

Ok, so; you're not on treatment, I bet


by eva day

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha this is great! Very cute! I've taken to watching Tyra in the afternoon, she comes on at 2:30 which is aboout when I run out of any energy I may have had in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers..

    ReplyDelete